Sketchbook Journal 1

My sketchbook doubles as a personal journal. The pages are fuzzy because they are warped, and the scanner couldn't deal with it.

While I was at the café, I got sick of everyone speaking to me in "Starbucks terms." No, I don't know what a "Venti-whatever" is. No, "frappuccino" is not a real word, nor a real drink. Vegan vegetable soup is not fattening, and when someone stares at the ginormous menu for 5 whole minutes, I expect them to not ask me what drinks the café serves.

To be fair, 90% of my customers were amazing; it was the other 10% that inspired most of my lunch break artwork. this guy in the upper right corner. He was a regular, and British. He always leaned in and swept his hair back when he ordered (usually tea). I even managed to get a "Thanks, love," out of him once. The parade of kids at the bottom always rolled past the window around noon. They were always overdressed for the weather.

The sketch of Rosalina is plopped on there to cover up some airline flight info I don't want getting out. Paranoia is my friend. ^_^

The function at the bottom right is for someone I used to work with.

Valentine's Day sketch. Japanese notes and a Stegasaurus.